Six powerful women who are making their mark on the cable telecommunications industry and public policy will be honored on Tuesday, Oct. 29, with Touchstones of Leadership Awards at the annual PowerBrokers Breakfast sponsored by the Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Washington, D.C.-Baltimore Chapter.
The PowerBrokers Breakfast recognizes annual Touchstones of Leadership Awards honorees with the aim of raising awareness about women’s powerful contributions at the local level of the cable industry. The awards also recognize policy makers and regulators for their efforts on behalf of consumers and the marketplace.
The 2013 honorees are:
- Geraldine B. Laybourne Fearless Award: Becky Bobzien-Simms, senior director, infrastructure procurement, Time Warner Cable.
- Inspire Award: Samantha Callahan, regional vice president (Beltway Region), human resources, Comcast.
- Communicate Award: Suzanne Underwald, senior vice president, legal affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive.
- Connect Award: Catherine Frymark, senior vice president, communications, Discovery Communications.
- Public Service Award: Michelle Carey, deputy bureau chief, Media Bureau, Federal Communications Commission.
- Emerging Leader Award: Meghan Rodgers, vice president, finance & strategy, Travel Channel.
The 2013 PowerBrokers Breakfast begins with registration at 8:30 a.m. on Oct. 29, followed by a light breakfast and the awards program. This year’s keynote address will be offered by Meredith Baker, senior vice president of government affairs for NBCUniversal. The event will be held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center is located at 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, in Washington, DC.
Registration details, ticket fees, and additional information are available through this link.