Women in Cable Telecommunications has announced its 2010 award recipients with top honors reserved for WICT New England, Comcast's Tracy Baumgartner and Oxygen's Mary Murano.
For the second year in a row, WICT New England Chapter is the organization's Chapter of the Year recipient, an award that is presented to the top performing chapter as measured by WICT's Model Chapter Business Plan scores across such areas as programming, governance and membership.
WICT also recognized Tracy Baumgartner, vice president of public relations, Comcast West Division, as its Chapter President of the Year for her work with its Rocky Mountain Chapter, while naming Mary Murano, executive vice president, TV network distribution, NBC Universal, as its Chapter Advisor of the Year for her work with the group's New York Chapter.
The WICT chapter awards measure important aspects of the Model Chapter Business Plan, both on an individual basis and collectively.
"All of our chapter honorees are doing a fantastic job of partnering with WICT national to increase membership growth and deliver valuable educational programming at the local level," said Lisa McBee-Granados, WICT's Director of Chapter Services, in announcing the awards. "Their ability to serve as the local resource for WICT members strengthens our organization."
In addition, WICT recognizes the following 2010 chapter honorees:
• WICT Chapter Leader of the Year presented to Jennifer Holt, Director of Field Sales & Marketing at Tribune Media Services from the WICT Greater Chicago Chapter;
• WICT Chapter Volunteer of the Year awarded to an individual who has shown exemplary volunteer support of WICT, presented to WICT Greater Florida Membership Co-Chair, Steve Sussman, Manager of Affiliate Relations at HSN.
• WICT Most Improved Chapter for chapter growth and development from the previous year, presented to WICT Virginia;
• WICT Best Chapter Programming of the Year presented to WICT Greater Philadelphia for first place, Atlanta for second place and New York for third place;
• WICT Chapter Mentoring Excellence for chapter achievements in substance and implementation of an impactful WICT mentoring program, presented to WICT Atlanta for first place, Greater Philadelphia for second place and Greater Chicago for third place;
• WICT Chapter Enterprise Award awarded to chapters that innovate in a variety of specific areas, presented to WICT Rocky Mountain for first place, Atlanta for second place and New England for third place; and
• Inspire and Others Will Follow Award honoring chapters who helped their members achieve their full potential by embracing the WICT vision and achieved 90 or more points on the 2010 WICT Model Chapter Business Plan. This award was presented to WICT Atlanta, Greater Chicago, Greater Florida, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Texas, Midwest, New England, New York, Northern California, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Southern California, Virginia and Washington, DC/Baltimore.
WICT also announced its 2011 Chapter presidents and advisors.
• Atlanta, Kathy Hatala, Consultant;
• Carolinas, Charlene Keys, Time Warner Cable, Area Vice President, Operations;
• Greater Chicago, Cathy Traczek, Comcast, Senior Director of Workforce Operations;
• Greater Florida, Brooke Etzel, Fox Sports Florida/Sun Sports, Sr. Client Services Coordinator;
• Greater Ohio, Deidra Bartlett, Time Warner Cable, Human Resources Manager;
• Greater Philadelphia, Kristina Chang, Comcast, Senior Manager Internal Audit;
• Greater Texas, Aimee Doane, Suddenlink, Vice President of Operations;
• Heartland, Tracy Freeman, Cox Communications, Learning Consultant;
• Midwest, Rochelle Stewart, Comcast Cable, HR Director, Tech Ops & Engineering;
• New England, Jennifer Kirkwood, ESPN, Senior Director, Production Operations;
• New Mexico/Arizona, Aldo Casartelli, Cable One, Vice President, Customer Experience;
• New York, Lori Greene, BBC America, Executive Producer;
• Northern California, Beverly Wilmore, Comcast Business Services, Senior Manager, Community Re-Investment;
• Northern California, Lorraine Lewis, Comcast, Marketing Manager;
• Pacific Northwest, Andrea Costello, Comcast West Division, Media Manager;
• Rocky Mountain, Regina Hutchinson, Comcast, Vice President of Business Imperatives;
• Southern California, Katie Beardsley, Time Warner Cable, Director Public Relations;
• Virginia, Kim Mosley, Comcast SportsNet, Affiliate Marketing Manager; and
• Washington, DC/Baltimore, EJ Conlin, Retirement Living TV, Vice President, Marketing;
• Atlanta, Veronica Sheehan, Turner Broadcasting System, Senior Vice President, Network Operations;
• Greater Chicago, Joan Gundlach;
• Greater Philadelphia, Lindsay Johnston, Comcast, Vice President Human Resources;
• Heartland, Jennifer Bergman, Cox Communications, Vice President, Business Operations, Kansas & Arkansas;
• Midwest, Mary Beth Schubert, Comcast, Vice President, Corporate Affairs;
• New England, Melinda Poore, Time Warner Cable, Vice President of Government Relations;
• New Mexico/Arizona, Suzee Smith-Everhard, Cox Communications, Director, Community Relations & TeleVideo;
• Pacific Northwest, Theresa Smith, Comcast West Division, Manager, Commercial Implementation;
• Rocky Mountain, Jana Henthorn, The Cable Center, Senior Vice President, Programs & Education;
• Southern California, Gena Barnhart, NBC Universal, Director, Marketing Digital Distribution; and
• Virginia, Gary McCollum, Cox Communications, Senior Vice President & General Manager.