MIAMI, FL – April 19, 2016 – beIN SPORTS announced network ratings for the first quarter of 2016, continuing to dominate in key metrics among cable audiences.
According to Nielsen Media Research, beIN SPORTS began April as the fastest growing cable network, regardless of language, showing double-digit percentage distribution increases for both channels year-over-year.
beIN SPORTS networks continued to close the gap in household distribution against its competitors, and its now being carried in 42.2 million homes combined. From April 2015 to 2016, beIN SPORTS showed a 38.4% increase in households, making it the No.1 cable network in terms of growth.
Meanwhile, beIN SPORTS en Español grew distribution by 7% year-over year, taking the top spot in Spanish language growth in April compared to Fox Deportes, ESPN Deportes, Univision Deportes and NBC Universo.
Further, both networks showed year-over-year ratings growth for Q1—with beIN SPORTS en Español holding the No.1 position on both weekday and weekend daytime against all Spanish cable competitors.
beIN SPORTS en Español continues to be the most-viewed sports network on weekend daytime in Q1, delivering an average of 162,000 Total Viewers and outperforming Univision Deportes by 277% among Total Viewers and 300% among Adults 18-49 respectively.
- beIN SPORTS en Español broadcast the No. 1 soccer telecast among all cable networks, all languages in 2016 year-to-date— El Clásico which aired on April 2, 2016 delivering 1,200,000 Total Viewers P2+, out-delivering every English Premier League match on NBC Sports Network and all Univision Deportes Liga MX matches this year.
- beIN SPORTS en Español delivered 13 of the top 50 soccer telecasts of 2016 to date among Spanish cable networks—building on its success in 2015, when the channel delivered 12 of 50 most-viewed soccer telecasts in Spanish language cable.
- Year-over-year, LaLiga coverage showed overall viewership growth of 15% and 3% for Adults 18-49, across both beIN SPORTS English and beIN SPORTS en Español respectively for Q1. Marquee matches averaged 444,000 Total Viewers, for the quarter completed.
- Among soccer leagues, LaLiga marquee matches combined on both beIN SPORTS networks averaged higher than English Premier League matches on NBCSN & NBC Universo by 3% among total viewers and 8% for Adults 18-49.
- The EXPRESS Weekend ranked in 11 of the top 20 Spanish sports studio programs of 2016 to date, with the highest episode airing on April 2nd delivering 387,000 Total Viewers and 211,000 Adults 18-49. Additionally, in Q2 the Express audience has grown 81% among Total Viewers P2+, since the previous quarter, showing huge gains. Since the beginning of April, the program is averaging 139,000 Total Viewers.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM & NPMH, L+ SD, UE Cvg April 2016 vs. 2015. 1Q’16 (12/28/2015 - 03/27/2016); 2Q’16 to date (03/28/2016 - 04/12/2016). P2+ viewers (000) Weekend Daytime based on Sa-Su 9a-430p & Weekday Daytime based on 9:00 to 4:30; beIN SPORTS Network combined Reach of beIN SSPORS & beIN SPORTS en Español. Top telecast rank for 2015 based on 12/29/2014 - 12/27/2015 & 2016 based on 12/28/2015 – 4/12/2016 among Spanish language cable networks. LaLiga growth comparing 1Q’16 (12/28/2015 - 03/27/2016) vs 1Q’15 (12/29/2014 - 03/29/2015). LaLiga & LaLiga Marquee matches based on the sum of P2+ average audience among beIN SPORTS & beIN SPORTS en Español. Express Weekend, Locker Room and studio programs coded as sports news, sports commentary among Spanish language cable networks for 12/28/2015 - 03/27/2016.
About beIN SPORTS USA
Launched in 2012, beIN SPORTS is the fastest growing global sports network in the U.S. and is offered on 9 of the largest 10 cable/satellite TV providers in the U.S., as well as other systems across the country. beIN SPORTS offers viewers premium sports content and entertainment across multiple platforms including TV channels beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español and live streaming on beIN SPORTS CONNECT. A cornerstone of beIN SPORTS is its unrivaled live soccer coverage, which includes live matches from LaLiga, Serie A, Ligue 1, NASL and CONMEBOL/CONCACAF/CAF World Cup Qualifiers, as well as news and in-depth analysis of all the top leagues from around the world. With beIN SPORTS CONNECT, authenticated subscribers can also enjoy all the exciting action from the two networks and stream live overflow matches offered in HD on your computer, tablet or smart phone. In addition to soccer, beIN SPORTS serves as a haven to fans of motorsports, tennis, rugby, volleyball and boxing, among others.