MINNEAPOLIS – Clearfield, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLFD), the specialist in fiber management, optical pathway and connectivity platforms for communication service providers, introduces a next generation hardened optical fiber terminal, test access point and drop cable options to join the FieldShield fiber protection system. The YOURx enclosures are designed to ensure every service provider has the freedom of choice to match drop cable technology with the needs of their environment and first-cost priorities. Building upon the FieldShield pushable fiber and microduct pathway product line which links thousands of consumers to their broadband networks today, the YOURx enclosures and drop cable options simplify fiber deployment, reduce initial cap/ex and minimize long-term op/ex costs.
“Many service providers cannot make the business case for FTTH networks due to the high labor, design and inventory costs associated with the home connection,” says Julie Kunstler, principal analyst at OVUM. “Clearfield’s focus on space saving designs and numerous fiber drop cable choices provides service providers with flexibility, enabling them to increase FTTH deployment targets with minimal training in the field and reduced inventory.”
The FieldShield YOURx product promise is the latest addition to Clearfield’s modular product design methodology giving service providers the means to bring ultra-fast broadband to their customers as readily and cost-effectively as possible. Supporting multiple drop-cable technologies and incorporating optical component integration, the hardened fiber deployment platform includes the following elements.
• FieldShield YOURx-Terminal: a hardened optical service terminal that supports ANY drop and FieldShield Microduct, increasing installation efficiency with a single inventory item that services multiple network designs in above or below grade environments (video intro)
• FieldShield YOURx-TAP: the smallest test access point enclosure in the industry that accommodates two FieldShield Deploy Reels, each storing slack fiber of up to 300 feet of 900um FieldShield StrongFiber or 50 feet of 3mm FLEXdrop allowing a 10:1 space savings in slack storage at the demarc (video intro)
• Drop cables route through the YOURx platform using a unique FlexPort opening. Three new, unique drop cable alternatives include: (video intro)
• FieldShield Flat-SC: designed for traditional flat-drop cable connectivity, but removes the added cost or need for bulky connectors
• FieldShield D-ROP: a pre-connectorized “Restorable One Pass” drop cable delivered to the market pre-placed in a FieldShield 7 mm microduct, this single-pass deployment provides ease of restoration in the event of a fiber cut
• FieldShield FLEXdrop: For aerial and buried environments in the OSP or plenum and riser-rated configurations in the inside plant, FLEXdrop gives installers the ultimate in flexibility to satisfy multiple environments with a single solution
“We were looking for a bend insensitive fiber that would be ‘technician proof’,” explains Bryan Perry, assistant director of Spanish Fork Community Network. “Our trial experience with the FieldShield FLEXdrop fiber was very positive. We used FLEXdrop to run connectivity from the pedestal at the street to the residence, running it externally on the house and then into the home along a/c route paths, through rafters and into the basement final termination point. The design of this fiber provides flexibility of movement that made it very easy to follow tight bends and existing route paths.”
The new FieldShield YOURx-Terminal, FieldShield YOURx-TAP and drop cable options: FieldShield FLEXdrop, FieldShield D-ROP and FieldShield Flat-SC are on display at the ISE Expo this week in San Antonio, TX. The YOURx platform is scheduled for general availability October, 2016. For more information, contact your local Clearfield sales representative.
Clearfield, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLFD) designs, manufactures and distributes fiber optic management, protection and delivery products for communications networks. Our “fiber to the anywhere” platform serves the unique requirements of leading incumbent local exchange carriers (ILECS), competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs), and MSO/cable TV companies, while also catering to the broadband needs of the utility/municipality, enterprise, data center and military markets. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Clearfield deploys more than a million fiber ports each year. For more information, visit www.SeeClearfield.com.