NEW YORK – Today Deezer, the world’s most diverse and dynamic global music streaming company, announced the launch of a brand new Deezer channel on the Roku platform.
For the first time, Deezer will be available to Roku customers in the U.S. and soon in Latin America. Available in the Roku channel store, customers in the U.S. can now add Deezer directly to their Roku devices and can search for their favorites from over 43 Million tracks or browse from recommended new releases or mixes in the Deezer channel. Additionally, customers can discover Deezer’s signature feature Flow, a personal soundtrack of their favorite music mixed with new recommendations in one infinite stream.
New Roku users will be able to use the new app to sign up for Premium + in just a few clicks with integrated billing. Additionally, Roku customers in select Latin American countries will soon be able to launch Deezer directly from a dedicated Deezer button on their Roku remote. U.S. subscribers will be able to access a special offer from Deezer for a three-month free trial.
“We are thrilled to expand our partnership with Roku, a company that pioneered TV streaming, and provide their users with a full audio entertainment experience, with unlimited access to over 43 million global tracks from around the world,” said Riad Hawa, Deezer VP of Hardware Partnerships. “U.S. and LATAM are both key territories for us as a business. Roku’s presence and user base in those areas make it the perfect way for us to reach more customers with our offering.”
Features of Deezer for Roku Devices include:
- Flow: Flow is your personal soundtrack. It’s your music mixed with fresh recommendations and the songs you forgot you loved in one infinite stream.
- My Music: Like what you heard? Listen to it as much as you want, whenever you want as it’s all saved for you under, ‘My Music’ home to your entire music collection.
- Playlists: Play one great song after another with millions of playlists created by people who love music.
- Mixes: Whatever you’re in the mood for, Deezer’s got you covered with the right Mix for every occasion, so just sit back and enjoy the moment.
- Search: You’re only a keyword away from your music with Search. When you know what you want to listen to, it’ll help you navigate a world of music to get right to the song you want
- Simple Sign Up: Manage your Deezer subscription directly with Roku billing
- Hotkeys: Access Deezer directly from your Roku remote in select countries
This new partnership comes off the heels of various integrations of Deezer with other hardware devices such as Google Home and Samsung TV. Previously, Deezer on the Roku platform has only been available in France, UK, Canada, Mexico, France, Ireland and Germany, and Spain through Sky.
Deezer connects over 12 million active users around the world to over 43 million tracks. Available in more than 185 countries worldwide, Deezer gives instant access to the largest and most diverse global music streaming catalogue on any device. Deezer is the only music streaming service with Flow, the unique mix of all your old favorites and new recommendations in one ever-changing stream. Based on an intuitive, proprietary algorithm and created by people who love music, it’s the only place to hear all your music back-to- back with fresh discoveries tailored to you. Deezer is available on your favorite device, including smartphone, tablet, PC, laptop, home sound system, connected car or smart TV.
Making music happen since 2007, Deezer is a privately held company, headquartered in Paris with
offices in London, Berlin, Miami and around the world. Deezer is available as a free download for
iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices or on the web at deezer.com. For the latest news on
Deezer, go to Deezer.com/company/press.
Roku is a registered trademark of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries.