Rotterdam, Netherlands –Metrological today announced its planned demonstrations at INTX: The Internet & Television Expo, taking place from May 5-7 in Chicago (booth #2341). Metrological will showcase its device and software agnostic Application Platform, including its App Store, UX, App Manager and Dashboard, which enable operators to configure, operate and manage their own App Store across devices in real-time with access to all relevant business intelligence data.
Imagine Park Session
On Thursday, May 7 at 8:45 am Metrological’s Co-Founder and CEO, Jeroen Ghijsen, will join the Imagine Park session Going Mobile: Apps That Satisfy. He will demonstrate mobile pairing between TV and mobile devices that enables consumers to use mobile phones for multiplayer gaming and discuss what types of apps are resonating with consumers around the world.
Spring Technical Forum
Albert Dahan, Co-Founder and CTO of Metrological, will discuss his paper on abstracting operator and device systems from user interface, presentation and navigation layers to deliver integrated viewing experiences during the Spring Technical Forum session Cracking the Code: Achieving Software-Powered Performance Advancements on Thursday, May 7 at 9:00 am.
Demonstrations in booth #2341 will include:
- App Developer and RDK Emulator Workflow: highlights the step-by-step process for developers to develop, publish and test apps on RDK-based devices. Metrological shows how developers can use the Metrological SDK to develop and publish apps to the app store and leverage the Metrological RDK App Emulator to remotely test apps for deployment on RDK-based devices.
- App Store: digital distribution platform that enables operators to launch a device independent operator branded TV app store to STBs and other connected devices. Metrological offers over 250 apps ready for publication and an open SDK so operators benefit from an end-to-end, device and software agnostic, app store solution.
- Contextual App Experiences: merges live TV and OTT content, enabling operators to present a unified app experience that merges all content in one screen. For example, while watching sports or a wildlife movie, contextual apps can display related content - perhaps real-time scores or animal clips - integrating that content with the live TV experience.
- Social Media Integration and Mobile Pairing: enables viewers to link their TV viewing to their mobile devices. Viewers can connect through social media, interact, vote, play and sing along, make purchases in real time, use their mobile phone as a TV remote or game control or even swipe pictures and videos from their mobile phone to the TV screen.
- Real Time App Dashboard: provides real‐time business management and business intelligence for operators to maximize revenue opportunities. It delivers real-time insights on operations and app usage, so that operators can refine strategies for providing highly targeted and contextual content and monetize opportunities for app content more effectively.
- App Manager: enables operators to manage, in real time, app store content and UI of their TV App Store in an easy and intuitive way. The App Manager also includes user management and publishing functionality.
Metrological was recently honored with a Cable Europe Innovation Award for its roles in bringing OTT apps to legacy set-top boxes for UPC Hungary.
Metrological brings apps to TV, delivering a complete product suite that enables pay-TV operators to launch, manage and monetize their own branded TV and multi-screen app store and unified user experience across devices. The company also helps content providers reach more than 20 million households with a single app. Metrological’s cloud-based, device and software agnostic products enable operators to increase ARPU, reduce churn and enhance the viewer experience across all device platforms. The company’s customer base consists of tier one cable and telecommunications companies, content providers and app developers. Metrological is headquartered in The Netherlands and is a proud supplier of Liberty Global. For more information please visit www.metrological.com