Network Finishes June as No. 1 Cable Network for M12-24
Highlights Include Biggest Original Series Launch in Two Years and Highest-Rated Day in Network History
New York, NY – MTV2 today announced that it recorded its highest-rated second quarter in network history in the period ranging from April to June 2015. The achievement marks a record-breaking eighth straight quarter of consecutive year-over-year growth, making MTV2 the only network targeting P12-34 to accomplish that feat. MTV2’s record ratings were driven by its #NONSTOPSUMMER programming slate of original comedies including “Nick Cannon Presents: Wild ‘N Out” and new series “Not Exactly News” and “MTV2’s Joking Off.” The series have pushed MTV2 into the top 10 cable networks among its key demographics of M12-24 (No. 6, up from No. 11 last year) and M12-34 (No. 10, up from No. 14 last year).
Quarterly ratings highlights include:
- MTV2 finished June 2015 as the No. 1 cable network for M12-24 over the course of the month, excluding non-full day and sports networks.
- The June 17 series premiere of “Not Exactly News” was MTV2’s highest-rated original series launch in two years, averaging a .43 P12-34 rating, making it the third highest-rated original series launch in network history. “Not Exactly News” ranks as the No. 1 original series in its time period among Teens. Since its series premiere, 3 million total viewers have watched the show.
- “Wild ‘N Out” ranks as the No. 1 original series at 11 p.m. across all of TV in the P12-34 demo. Since its season seven debut on June 10, 7 million total viewers have watched the series.
- “MTV2’s Joking Off” ranked as the No. 1 original cable series in its time slot among Teens. The first season of the series reached more than 18 million viewers.
- MTV2 scored its highest-rated day in the network’s nearly 20-year history on Wednesday, June 10, reaching 4.4 million unique total viewers (L+3) with a .3 rating across total day. The day was led by the season premiere of “Wild ‘N Out,” which averaged a 1.3 L+3 rating in the P12-34 demo across two all-new episodes.
“Wild ‘N Out” and “Not Exactly News” air Wednesday nights starting at 11 p.m. ET/PT on MTV2. The network’s #NONSTOPSUMMER will continue on Friday, July 10 at 11 p.m. ET/PT, with the debut “Uncommon Sense with Charlamagne,” while an additional new series, “Kingin’ with Tyga,” bows on July 24 at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT. For more information on those series, visit MTV2.com or MTVPress.com.
MTV2 is a leading male-minded lifestyle brand for the Millennial generation. Distributed in more than 80 million homes, it’s the No. 1 channel for males 12-34 among networks available in under 90 million homes. MTV2’s programming is fueled by comedic originals, music and cultural commentary that is curated with its audience. As a sibling network of MTV, MTV2 is an incubator and proving ground for rising young comedians, musicians and entertainers. MTV2 is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information, go to http://www.mtvpress.com or follow us on Twitter @MTVPress.