NBA Digital today announced NBA LEAGUE PASS, the league’s package of live out-of-market games, is off to its best start ever, with a record number of digital subscriptions to date.
So far this season, the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors have secured the top spots for NBA SINGLE GAME and NBA TEAM PASS, and claimed seven of the Top 10 most-viewed games.
NBA LEAGUE PASS introduced NBA SINGLE GAME and NBA TEAM PASS this season, making the NBA the first major U.S. professional sports league to offer the single-game option for fans throughout the regular season.
For NBA SINGLE GAME, the Warriors are followed by the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors to round out the top five in the category, while the Cavaliers, Lakers, Chicago Bulls and San Antonio Spurs are among the top five for TEAM PASS. Additionally, the Cavaliers, Charlotte Hornets and Utah Jazz have each appeared in two of the Top 10 most-viewed games on NBA LEAGUE PASS.
RANK NBA SINGLE GAME NBA TEAM PASS MOST-VIEWED GAMES*
1. Golden State Warriors Golden State Warriors Golden State at Toronto (12/5)
2. L.A. Lakers Cleveland Cavaliers Golden State at Utah (11/30)
3. New York Knicks L.A. Lakers Golden State at L.A. Clippers (11/19)
4. Cleveland Cavaliers Chicago Bulls Golden State at Brooklyn (12/6)
5. Toronto Raptors San Antonio Spurs Golden State at Charlotte (12/2)
6. Sacramento Kings New York Knicks Golden State at Denver (11/22)
7. Detroit Pistons Boston Celtics Utah at Cleveland (11/10)
8. Charlotte Hornets Miami Heat Cleveland at Charlotte (11/27)
9. Brooklyn Nets Oklahoma City Thunder Sacramento at Golden State (11/28)
10. Miami Heat Charlotte Hornets Minnesota at Chicago (11/7)
* Viewership numbers registered from Nov. 4 (end of NBA LEAGUE PASS Free Trial) through Dec. 11.
Along with the new packages, NBA LEAGUE PASS continues to offer its traditional, comprehensive full season package, providing access to nearly 1,000 live out-of-market games and a rich archive of NBA content. Fans this season have quicker access to live games with “WATCH” links displayed on NBA.com and the NBA app, as well as posted on Facebook and Twitter, which instantly bring users to NBA LEAGUE PASS to view out-of-market games.
Fans are able to enjoy the subscription-based service across television, web, tablets and mobile phones (Android phones, iPhone and iPad, tablets and TV), as well as a wide variety of connected devices, including the PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3 and PlayStation® Vita; Xbox One and Xbox 360; Apple TV; Samsung Smart TV; Amazon Fire Tablet, Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick; Roku, and select Sony Blu-ray players.
NBA LEAGUE PASS is a part of NBA Digital, the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed