NBA LEAGUE PASS Breaks Record with Nearly 27 Million Game Views
NBA Digital delivered record-setting numbers including NBA TV’s all-time most-viewed regular season for its live game coverage and its most-viewed primetime for a full regular season. Additionally, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA.com, the NBA Appand social media generated record-setting growth.
NBA TV’s live game coverage averaged 345,000 total viewers for the 2015-16 regular season, a new all-time record for the network, and a 19% increase over last year.
This season, the network averaged 176,000 viewers in primetime, its highest ever for a full regular season and a 14% increase over last year. Additionally, NBA TV’s total day delivery tied the 2012-13 regular season as its highest on record for a full season.
NBA TV’s coverage of the Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs (Sunday, April 10) registered the network’s most-viewed game telecast ever with an average of 2.6 million viewers, surpassing the previous all-time mark set earlier this season (Warriors/Spurs, Monday, Jan. 25 – 1.4 million viewers).
Further, NBA TV set new single day records for total day and primetime viewership for its tripleheader coverage on Sunday, April 10. The network garnered its most-viewed week everin primetime (April 4-10), along with gains across all key demos.
Additional NBA TV regular season highlights (as of Jan. 11):
- NBA TV Fan Night’s live game coverage up10% in viewership this season;
- NBA Inside Stuff cumulative airings up 16% in viewers over last year;
- Live airings of the network’s signature NBA GameTime studio show up9% in viewership;
- Premiere episodes of The Starters up 9% in viewership vs. 2014-15.
NBA Digital also recorded significant milestones and audience increases across NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA.com, the NBA App and social media, including:
- NBA LEAGUE PASS, the NBA’s live out-of-market subscription package, delivered a record 27 million video views and 1.2 billion total minutes viewed during the 2015-16 regular season.
- Globally, NBA.com and the NBA App netted a record 9.1 billion video views this season, up 160% over last year, and three billion visits, for a 27% year-over-year increase.
- The NBA App currently has 35 million downloads, with visits up 23% this season.
- Additionally, Turner and NBA social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter generated a record 27.1 billion impressions (+12%) and two billion video views (+32%) over the previous season.
About NBA Digital
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports including NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App, NBA LEAGUE PASS, WNBA.com and NBADLEAGUE.com.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, based on Live+SD, compared to historical NBA TV games and final season averages. Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics. Adobe Analytics & Google Analytics