A revealing new report by international media consultancy K7 Media exploring TV trends and insights in Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine, has revealed the territories to be prime hotbeds for prospective producer work.
The in-depth study has been produced by UK-based K7 Media in partnership with Ukrainian media consultancy Media Resources Management, to provide a valuable snapshot of the region’s television industry, examining the changing structure of the marketplace, key creative players, and the future direction of the production industry.
Key points from the report reveal:
- There are an estimated 130 million TV sets in use across the three countries
- There is a healthy appetite for formats to be adapted locally
- Scripted formats, reality, talent and ‘shiny floor’ programming is proving to be a major draw with audiences.
- The TV landscape has changed drastically since the Ukraine-Russia conflict in 2014, leading to content producers looking for new collaborative partners from around the world
- Ukraine has launched a $250m initiative allowing foreign production companies to claw back up to 25% of production costs incurred within Ukraine, as well as a planned additional 10% payback of labour production costs
- Legal SVOD platforms have begun to take off with success
K7 Media Managing Director Keri Lewis Brown comments: “Using our established international network which reports on media trends around the world, this new report offers a unique insight into the changing television landscape in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan which have, since recent times, been relatively untapped.”
“It will be an invaluable tool for producers and broadcasters looking to expand into this territory.”
For each of the three territories the report shows:
- The state of the nation
- Viewing habits
- Key networks
- Key programming
- Tips for doing business
- The future of the region’s TV industry
Media Resources Management CEO Victoria Yarmoshchuk added: “Media market landscape in our region is changing rapidly, opening new opportunities for cooperation with the world. We are happy to have this occasion and share our knowledge and vision with potential partners internationally and contribute to the development of media business here.”
For more information contact Colette Burroughs-Rose or Lucy Hilton at Rule 5 on
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 686 5727
About K7 Media
K7 Media was founded in 1998 as an independent organisation providing media intelligence to broadcasters, producers, distributors and advertisers across the world. The company is an international media consultancy offering a leading intelligence resource for clients in the UK and across the world.
Media Resources Management (MRM) is the first Ukrainian media consulting company that offers its competent expertise and services in all the main areas of the media market (TV, theatrical, press, new media, radio etc.). The company has been operating since 2005 and offers consulting services and practical support for doing media business in the CIS region. MRM is the organizer of international media forum KIEV MEDIA WEEK, which is held annually in September in Kiev (since 2011).