Sportsman Channel Ranks Among Top 3 Basic Cable Networks in Impression Growth with Men 25-54
DENVER (October 17, 2019) – Outdoor Sportsman Group’s Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel remain among the top 23% of all cable networks – through the first three quarters of 2019 – that increased their ratings with Men 25-54 during total day compared to one year ago. To date, Sportsman Channel ranks among the Top 3 basic cable networks with Men 25-54 in impression growth (+25%) and at the top in ratings (+36%) growth among Men 25-54.*
Outdoor Channel Highlights:**
· During Q3 2019, Outdoor Channel experienced significant delivery gains with Adults 35-64 during primetime on its hunting nights of Tuesday (+51%) and Thursday (+70%).
Sportsman Channel Highlights:**
· During Q3 2019, Sportsman Channel experienced delivery growth in households in all key dayparts in Daytime (+6%), Fringe (+24%), Prime (+11%), Weekend (+11%), Overnight (+27%) and Total Day (+14%).
· During Q3 2019, Sportsman Channel experienced delivery growth in households compared to one year ago during all seven nights in Prime.
· During Q3 2019, Sportsman Channel experienced delivery growth in Men 25-54 in most key dayparts including Fringe (+9%), Prime (+7%), Weekend (+1%), Overnight (+19%) and Total Day (+6%).
· All of Sportsman Channel’s Top 20 telecasts during Q3 2019, representing 15 different programs, have delivered an average audience of more than 40,000 households so far this year compared to five telecasts that achieved that threshold last year.
#DeerWeek Highlights: ***
· Ratings for #DeerWeek 2019 programming on Outdoor Channel grew +12% in households and +9% with total viewers vs. 2018. On Sportsman Channel, #DeerWeek ratings grew by +38% in households and +30% in total viewers compared to one year ago.
For more information about Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks visit: www.outdoorsg.com
About Outdoor Channel: Outdoor Channel has been taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Outdoor Sportsman Group and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. For program times and other information, visit www.outdoorchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. #WhatGetsYouOutdoors. #MyOutdoorTV
About Sportsman Channel: Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD/Sportsman Channel Canada (added in 2019) are television and digital media networks fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of North Americans. A division of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman Canada delivers entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel/Sportsman Channel Canada embrace the attitude of celebrating the Great Outdoors in equal measure. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at thesportsmanchannel.com, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. #IAmSportsman. #MyOutdoorTV
Source: * Nielsen, Marketbreaks, Live+7, AA (Projected Units), Cvg Rtg, 2019 (12/31/18-9/29/19), Year Ago (1/15/18-9/30/19).
Due to technical difficulties with Nielsen the first two weeks of 2018 are not included. Q2 2019 vs. Q2 2018, Q2 2017
Source: ** Nielsen, Marketbreaks, Live+7, AA (Projected Units), 2019 (7/1/19-9/29/19), Year Ago (7/2/18-9/30/19).
Source: *** Nielsen, Marketbreaks, Live+7, Cvg Rtg, (9/15/2019-9/22/2019, 9/17/2019-09/23/2018), Deer Week programming only.
Source: **** Nielsen, Npower, Q2 2019 vs Q2 2019, Men 25-54, Live+7, Average Minutes Viewed, based on a six-minute qualifier.
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com