DENVER (December 19, 2018) –Ring in the new year with fellow sportsmen and women by tuning into a slate of highly-anticipated premieres and can’t-wait-for season returns of favorite outdoor and lifestyle programming on Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. Original premieres and new episodes from returning series across all three networks begin on Monday, December 31.
“With the start of the new year comes new and exciting programming at Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network,” Outdoor Sportsman Group President and CEO, Jim Liberatore said. “Programming in 2019 is shaping up to be more exciting than ever with the premieres of highly-anticipated shows and the return of steadfast favorites. We hope our viewers will enjoy all that our networks have to offer.”
The highly-anticipated premiere of Booger Bottom lands on Outdoor Channel on Monday, January 7 at 7 p.m. ET featuring charismatic host, Michael Waddell, and his close circle of family and friends. Fans can’t wait for the return of dynamic duo Terry Schappert and Larry Zanoff for season three of Hollywood Weapons on Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. ET. And the Keefer brothers must not get enough of putting their limits to the test as they are “dropped” once again in dangerous territory for 30 days with limited food and supplies. Follow their next momuntental journey in Dropped: Land of the Living Skies beginning on Monday, February 4 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
· Booger Bottom (Mondays, 7 p.m. ET): Michael Waddell is allowing cameras into his personal life for the first time. Follow his unpredictable and crazy life in Booger Bottom, Georgia, as he tries to manage a pecan farm, run his TV show (The Bone Collector) and deal with whatever comes his way.
· Hollywood Weapons (Saturdays, 7:30 p.m. ET): Hosts Terry Schappert and Larry Zanoff are back, testing the reality of weapon stunts from Hollywood films and television. Working the the largest prop house in the film industry, Terry and Larry find out if it’s possible to shoot the mast off a ship from The Black Pirate, or stop a bullet with another bullet as seen in The Shadow.
· Dropped: Land of the Living Skies (Premieres February 4, 7:30 p.m. ET): Brothers Chris and Casey Keefer battle the elements – and the odds – as they are dropped into one of the most hostile, remote areas on Earth: the northern Saskatchewan bush. For 30 dangerous days, with limited gear, they must hunt, fish and forage to survive.
· Wardens (Fridays, 7:30 p.m. ET): Season nine of Wardens spotlights Michigan Conservation Officers and how they strive to protect the state’s natural resources and keep the public safe year ‘round.
Sportsman Channel hosts and series showcase hunting, shooting and fishing through unique and authentic storytelling – which is why Fred and Michele Eichler are starting a new series and opening their home to cameras in Everything Eichler debuting on January 6 at 12:30 p.m. ET. Fan favorite shows are returning with Jana Waller’s Skull Bound TV moving to Monday nights at 8:30 p.m. ET and laugh-out-loud series The MudbuMs returns with new hijinks on Sundays at 9 p.m. ET.
· Everything Eichler (Sundays, 12:30 p.m. ET): The Eichlers are pulling back the curtain and showing “Everything Eichler.” Follow along as Fred, Michele, their three boys – as well as family, friends and clients – share all the fun and craziness of their outdoor field-to-table lifestyle. But don’t worry, this new series also will include all the bowhunting and predator hunting that fans have enjoyed for years on “Easton Bowhunting” and “Predator Nation.”
· Skull Bound TV (NEW TIME: Mondays, 8:30 p.m. ET): Host, Jana Waller, is a passionate hunter and conservationist in search of adventure, discovery and connections to the past that come from hunting. Teaming up with leaders in conservation, Skull Bound TVis “bound to make a difference” in showing hunters are true conservationists.
· The MudbuMs (Sundays, 9 p.m. ET): Big fish, awesome camps, good food and the constant pursuit of a good laugh; The MudbuMs is a lifestyle show anyone with a good buddy can relate to.
World Fishing Network has what anglers want with all new episodes of educational and powerful fishing programming. Start the week off right every Monday night at prime-time with “Bass Mondays” featuring fresh episodes of Renegade Bass (7 pm. ET), The Scott Martin Challenge (8 p.m. ET) and Major League Fishing (10 p.m. ET). Or maybe hone those skills while learning “Secrets from the Pros” on Wednesday nights beginning at 8 p.m. ET with new episodes from Jimmy Houston Outdoors (8:30 p.m. ET), Fishing University (9 p.m. ET) and Hank Parker’s Outdoor Magazine (9:30 p.m. ET).
· Bill Dance Outdoors (Tuesdays, 9:30 p.m. ET)– The iconic angler never fails to deliver fun and excitement during a brand new season for 2019.
· Monster Carp (Sundays, 10 p.m. ET) – New series that is more than just a fishing show – it combines travel and culture for enjoyment of anglers and non-anglers alike.
· One Path (January 5, 9 p.m. ET) – A documentary chronicling Fly Fishermaneditor Ross Purnell as he travels to Mongolia to aid in conservation efforts to save the Taimen, the biggest trout in the world.
· Al McGlashan’s FishN with Mates (Thursdays, 10 p.m. ET): New series: FishN with Matesbrings Al McGlashan together with some of his best fishing friends from around the world.
Other Q1 Highlightsinclude:
· Outdoor Channel
o Outdoor Movie Nights (Saturdays beginning at 8 p.m. ET)– Curl up on the couch and grab some popcorn for Saturday nights on the small screen with big-time movies: “No Country for Old Men,” “Open Range,” “The Untouchables” and more.
o Additional fishing programming highlighted in the new year on Outdoor Channel include: Major League Fishing (Saturdays, 2 p.m. ET) and Major League Fishing’s All Angles (Saturdays, 4 p.m. ET) beginning on February 16.
o Hollywood Weapons New Year’s Eve Marathon featuring episodes from the show’s first two seasons beginning 6 p.m. ET.
· Sportsman Channel
o MeatEater with Steven Rinella continues holding down a weekly timeslot on Monday-Friday at 6 p.m. ET.
o Other favorites returning on Sportsman Channel with new episodes include: Guns & Ammo (Thursdays, 9 p.m. ET); Bowlife (Wednesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET); Pigman: The Series(Sundays, 8:30 p.m. ET) and Realtree’s Monster Bucks(Tuesdays, 9 p.m. ET).
· World Fishing Network
o Additional shows with fresh content in Q1 include:
§ Here’s the Catch(Thursdays, 11:30 p.m. ET)
§ Reel Fishing Upstream(Tuesdays, 7 p.m. ET)
§ Fishing the Midwest(Sundays, 9 a.m. ET)
§ Yucatan Angles(Sundays, 11 p.m. ET)
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network, as well as MOTV, the world’s leading outdoor television content platform. The Group also consists of a number of established publishing assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting, Game & Fishand Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. #MyOutdoorTV
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212. 852.6646 | Tom.Caraccioli@OutdoorSG.com