Stamford, Conn. --Wednesday night’s edition of NFL Turning Point, NBCSN’s Emmy Award-nominated weekly NFL show co-produced by NFL Films, will feature in-depth analysis of Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers division-clinching win over the NFC North division rival Detroit Lions. Airing tomorrow night at 11 p.m. ET, NFL Turning Point will break down the game and review how Rodgers led the Packers to victory despite being injured.
In addition, the all new episode will examine the Ravens matchup with the Browns, the Panthers NFC South-clinching win against the Falcons, and wired-for-sound segments with Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and Chiefs LB Justin Houston, who recorded 4.0 sacks on Sunday giving him 22.0 for the season.
Hosted by Football Night In America’sDan Patrick, the hour-long program will air throughout the entire NFL season, including the playoffs and Super Bowl XLIX.
This week’s episode includes:
- Lions-Packers: NFL Turning Point shines a spotlight on the MVP-worthy performance of Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers and how he was able to lead his team to victory, despite being injured in the second quarter. The segment examines the play of Rodgers before and after being injured, and reviews how he connected for two passing touchdowns and one rushing score.
- Browns-Ravens: NFL Films breaks down the Ravens Wild Card-clinching game against the Browns and the team’s fourth-quarter comeback. NFL Turning Point reviews QB Joe Flacco’s 16-yard touchdown pass to WR Torrey Smith, and 2-yard touchdown pass to Kamar Aiken to complete the team’s 17-point scoring fourth-quarter.
- Panthers-Falcons: The segment examines all six sacks by Carolina’s defense, and analyzes the Panthers two forced turnovers in the second-quarter. NFL Films studies Panthers S Roman Harper’s interception for a touchdown, and how LB Adarius Glanton stripped the ball from Atlanta on the following drive, which ultimately led to another touchdown.
- Justin Houston: Chiefs LB Justin Houston is wired-for-sound in the team’s 19-7 victory over the Chargers, which knocked San Diego out of the playoffs. The segment features in-game audio from Houston as he sacked Chargers QB Philip Rivers four times and broke the Chiefs’ single-season sack record with a total of 22 sacks.
- Pete Carroll: NFL Films highlights the sounds from Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, who was wired-for-sound during Seattle’s NFC West-clinching win against the Rams.
Each week Emmy-nominated NFL Turning Point is built around select NFL matchups from the previous weekend, and focuses on the crucial “turning point” moments that ultimately defined the outcome of each game. The show also features anatomy-of-a-play type segments and long form, Game-of-the-Week style narratives that include the pre-game and post-game access, sideline sounds, jaw-dropping cinematography and incredible storytelling that is synonymous with NFL Films.
In 2014 NBCSN will air a total of 22 episodes, running throughout the entire NFL season, including the playoffs and Super Bowl. The season finale, scheduled to air on Wednesday, February 4, 2015, will look back at the turning point of Super Bowl XLIX.
-NBC SPORTS GROUP-