LOS ANGELES -- Rentrak, the leader in precisely measuring movies and TV everywhere, today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of Oct. 19, 2014, as compiled by the company’s theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted official standard for real-time worldwide box office reporting, Rentrak provides the only theater-level reporting in the world. Customers are able to analyze admissions and gross results around the world using Rentrak's suite of products.
Rentrak’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Gone Girl” remains a global phenomenon leading the worldwide weekend box office with $38 million and crosses the $200 million mark in 58 territories, while "Dracula Untold" corners the horror market in 56 markets across the globe and brings its total to over $136 million.Notably "The Book of Life" opens its box office chapter in 20 territories and takes fourth place with a solid $25.6 million worldwide debut.”
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014, are below.
1. Gone Girl - 20th Century Fox - $38.0M
2. Dracula Untold - Universal - $32.4M
3. Annabelle - Warner Bros. - $27.1M
4. Book Of Life, The - 20th Century Fox - $25.6M
5. Guardians Of The Galaxy - Disney - $24.1M
6. Fury - Sony - $23.5M
7. Maze Runner, The - 20th Century Fox - $21.6M
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Paramount- $20.5M
9. Judge, The - Warner Bros. - $14.4M
10. Equalizer, The - Sony - $13.5M
11. Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No - Disney - $13.3M
12. Best Of Me, The - Multiple - $11.3M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014, are below.
1. Fury - Sony - $23.5M
2. Gone Girl - 20th Century Fox - $17.8M
3. Book Of Life, The - 20th Century Fox - $17.0M
4. Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No - Disney - $12.0M
5. Best Of Me, The - Relativity Media - $10.2M
6. Dracula Untold - Universal - $9.9M
7. Judge, The - Warner Bros. - $7.9M
8. Annabelle - Warner Bros. - $7.9M
9. Equalizer, The - Sony - $5.5M
10. Maze Runner, The - 20th Century Fox - $4.5M
11. Addicted - Lionsgate - $3.4M
12. Boxtrolls, The - Focus Features - $2.7M
Full details regarding the global domestic and international box office results are listed in the table below.
*Territory is a movie studio term for regions of the world consisting of various countries.
© 2014 Rentrak Corporation - Content in this chart is produced and/or compiled by Rentrak Corporation and its Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials data collection and analytical services, and is covered by provisions of the Copyright Act. The material presented herein is intended to be available for public use. You may reproduce the content of the chart in any format or medium without first obtaining permission, subject to the following requirements: (1) the material must be reproduced accurately and not in a misleading manner; (2) any publication or issuance of any part of the material to others must acknowledge Rentrak Corporation as the source of the material; and (3) you may not receive any monetary consideration for reproducing, displaying, disclosing or otherwise using any part of the material.
About Rentrak Corporation Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT) is the entertainment and marketing industries' premier provider of worldwide consumer viewership information, precisely measuring actual viewing behavior of movies and TV everywhere. Using our proprietary intelligence and technology, combined with advanced demographics, only Rentrak is the census currency for VOD and movies. Rentrak provides the stable and robust audience measurement services that movie, television and advertising professionals across the globe have come to rely on to better deliver their business goals and more precisely target advertising across numerous platforms including box office, multiscreen television and home video. For more information on Rentrak, please visit Rentrak.com.
# # #
Senior Media Analyst