DENVER (October 9, 2018) –As a chill returns to the air, that’s when outdoorsman and women head outside. But, before they bundle up for some outdoor fun, they tune in for a new slate of premieres on Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network.The fall programming lineup features original premieres and new episodes from returning series across all three networks that began on October 1.
“The fall is, by far, the most exciting time for outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts,” President and CEO of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Jim Liberatore said. “Though many people start to think about ‘hibernating’ the winter months in their homes, Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network viewers take the lessons they learn from our programming and put them to good use in the field. And, then they come back for more. That’s what our networks have in store this quarter.”
The highly-anticipated return ofGun Stories presented by Midway USA(Wednesdays, 7:30 pm ET)to Outdoor Channel highlights the Q4 lineup. Host Joe Mantegna shares firearm histories with viewers while reviewing operation and performance via state-of-the-art, high-speed photography. If fall has fishing on the mind, watch the unique documentary, One Path: The Race to Save Mongolia’s Giant Salmonids(November 19, 8 pm ET) hosted by Fly Fishermanmagazine editor, Ross Purnell. And don’t miss fan favorite shows such as Mossy Oak’s Country Roots(Tuesdays, 9 pm ET),Critical Mass(Tuesdays, 10:30 pm ET) and Red Arrow(Thursdays, 8:30 p.m. ET).
· Gun Stories presented by Midway USA(Wednesday, 7:30 pm ET): In this new season, host Joe Mantegna goes “Rock ‘n Roll” as he takes a look at the firearm past of “The King” (aka Elvis Presley); set standards in Germany with Sig Sauer; examines the entry of the submachine gun during WWI and goes on safari with the perfect rifle.
· One Path: The Race to Save Mongolia’s Giant Salmonids(November 19, 8 pm ET, encore presenation December 17, 8 pm ET): When Fly Fisherman editor Ross Purnell heard about a pristine river valley in northern Mongolia that was roadless and undeveloped, he knew it would be no ordinary fishing trip. Join Purnell as he journeys by camel and raft, through a land once ruled by Genghis Khan, for his fly-fishing experience of a lifetime.
· Mossy Oak’s Country Roots(Tuesdays, 9 pm ET): Mossy Oak’s Country Roots captures the authentic passions and obsessions that lives in the beating hearts of its brand loyalists.
· Outdoor Movie Night (Fridays and Saturdays) has what you want to watch Halloween weekend. Deliverance runs on October 26, Anaconda on October 27, followed by The Ghost in the Darkness. All movies begin at 8 pm ET.
Sportsman Channel will get hunters prepared for the 2018 seasons with daily hunting blocks of programming from 11 am to 2 pm ET, stacked by a theme. Also, take time to check out premieres of new shows: Rooster Tales(Saturdays, 8 am ET); Here’s the Catch(Sundays, 7:30 am ET) and network debut of Wild Boar Fever(Sundays, 4 pm ET). Don’t miss Saturday nights by the fire with programming blocks (5-8 pm ET) of your favorites. Tune in for Manliest Moments on November 17 and Coldest Hunts on December 8.
· Rooster Tales(Saturdays, 8 am ET): Bill Sherck, Travis Frank and Ron Schara team up on some of North America’s most-profound and most-exciting bird hunts.
· Here’s the Catch(Sundays, 7:30 am ET):Catching and cooking fish.
· Wild Boar Fever(Sundays, 4 pm ET):Wild Boar Fever brings Europe’s most exciting and challenging style of hunting to American audiences for the first time. Driven boar hunting is the most popular form of hunting across Europe, and only Wild Boar Fever gives viewers the chance to see some of the finest rifle shots in the world hunting Europe’s favorite game animal.
Fishing is more than just dropping a line in the water, which is why World Fishing Network brings anglers new adventure shows this fall. Catch the premiere of returning shows: Reel Time Florida Sportsman(Fridays, 10:30 pm ET); Ultimate Catch(Thursdays, 9 pm ET) and Trev Gowdy’s Monster Fish (Wednesdays, 8 pm ET). Or drop a line in and catch new series: Modern Fishing with Jared Jeffries(Thursdays, 9 pm ET) or Dirt Bags(Sundays, 9:30 pm ET).
· Reel Time Florida Sportsman(Fridays, 10:30 pm ET):The crew scours Florida Sportsman’s Regional forums for the best fishing reports, then travels to make “Reel” anglers their local guides.
· Modern Fishing with Jared Jeffries(Thursdays, 9 pm ET):Jared shares angling tips, tricks and techniques in a fun and informative way.
· Ultimate Catch(Thursdays, 9 pm ET): Each episode covers fresh or saltwater action – from kayaks to the deep sea – in search of the Ulimate Catch.
· Dirt Bags(Sundays, 9:30 pm ET):Follow Cort and Derek as they take viewers to remote areas around the world to fish for trophy trout and char.
Other Q4 Highlightsinclude:
· Outdoor Channel
o Season two of Wicked Tuna(Mondays, 9 pm ET) is dubbed “Hell’s Anglers;” catch the next installment of this group of salty fisherman.
o Other popular series with new seasons airing in Q4 include: The Choice with Ralph and Vicki(Sundays, 12 pm ET),FOXPRO Furtakers(Mondays, 4 pm ET) and Reel in the Outdoors with Joe Thomas(Fridays, 8:30 am ET).
· Sportsman Channel
o Throw another log on the fire before turning in for Coldest Hunts (December 8, 5-8 pm ET) to see favorite hosts living through their coldest hunts while viewers stay warm and dry at home.
o Other fourth quarter series returning on Sportsman Channel with new episodes include: Shootout Lane(Thursdays, 8 pm and 11 pm ET); Team Fitzgerald Vintage Country Lifestyle(Saturdays, 7 am ET); Gypsy Angler(Sundays, 8:30 am ET) and Hoss off the Grid(Fridays, 10:30 am ET or Sundays 2:30 pm ET).
· World Fishing Network
o Competition fishing is heating up, so tune in for Collegiate Bass Championship (Mondays, 8:30 pm ET); Major League Fishing (Mondays, 10:30 pm ET); National Walleye Tour (Saturdays, 9 p. ET); IFA Redfish Tour (Saturdays, 8:30 p. ET) and Texas Team Trail(Saturdays, 10:30 pm ET).
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network, as well as MOTV, the world’s leading outdoor television content platform. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhuntingand Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. #MyOutdoorTV
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212. 852.6646 | firstname.lastname@example.org