SILVER SPRING, MD. –– Tomorrow, Friday, Oct. 9, from 8-10:30 p.m. ET, TV One will present a two-and-half hour programming event in recognition of the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March. The evening’s programming features the network television premiere of the acclaimed documentary The Million Man March Story, and is followed by a News One Now primetime roundtable discussion led by host and managing editor Roland S. Martin.
The Million Man March Story
PREMIERE: 8 p.m. ET
Hosted by actor Malik Yoba,The Million Man March Story features behind-the-scenes footage and unique coverage of speeches by Minister Louis Farrakhan, Maya Angelou, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Rosa Parks, Dorothy Height and Stevie Wonder. The unique blend of historical footage, interviews and musical performances transports viewers back to a seminal civil rights demonstration and serves as the definitive record of that day’s historic proceedings.
Million Man March 20 Years Later: A News One Now Primetime Special
PREMIERE: 9:30 p.m. ET
Moderated by Roland S. Martin,News One Now will convene a roundtable discussion featuring a panel consisting of civil leaders and activists discussing the 20th Anniversary of the Million Man March. Guests will also provide commentary and analysis of the connection between the March and the current Black Lives Matter movement.
- Cora Masters Barry, Former First Lady of the District of Columbia, and Founder and CEO of the Recreation Wish List Committee
- Dr. Ben Chavis, President and CEO of the National Newspaper Publishers Association
- Dr. Cleo Manago, Behavioral Health Expert
- Thomas Hart, Producer of The Million Man March Story
- Pastor Jamal Bryant, Pastor of the Empowerment Temple
- Dr. Jason Johnson, Political Analyst and Author
- Angela Rye, Principle and CEO of Impact Strategies
- Farajii Muhammad, Host of WEAA's Listen Up!
- Adam Jackson, Baltimore Activist and CEO of the Leaders of a Beautiful Struggle
The Million Man March Story is executive produced by Thomas Hart, Jr., for On the Potomac Productions. Susan Henry is executive producer of News One Now. D’Angela Proctor is TV One’s head of original programming and production.